If you’re thinking of buying or selling in 2020, there are five key reasons to hire a professional to help with your transaction:
5. Contracts. A professional agent will not only help you understand all the disclosures contracts to stay safe in our highly litigious world, but they’ll also understand the nuances and tools that lay deep within the contract to position you for success as it relates to contingencies or timelines. This is especially true for sellers who also need to buy a replacement home.
4. Experience. Experience and education about the sales process are valuable to any buyer or seller in the market. Here, ‘experience’ doesn’t mean the agent’s time in the industry, but rather how much they’ve done the particular thing you’re hiring them to do. Find an agent who knows all the ins and outs of the road ahead of you.
3. Negotiations. We’ll act as a buffer between all parties involved in the transaction. I like to negotiate strategically to put my clients in the best position based on my experience and understanding of the contract. I’ll use that as leverage to get the most out of negotiations as possible while ultimately advocating for their best interests.
2. Pricing. Helping clients understand pricing in today’s market has become more interesting as information has become more accessible through the internet. As professionals, it’s our job to help verify and increase the accuracy of our clients’ listing and offer prices. The real value comes from helping them understand the opportunity and/or leverage point that exists within the price. For example, we can tell sellers whether it makes sense to price your home slightly under market value to leverage it into a higher price. We’ll also help buyers understand how to compete within their desired price range.
1. Knowledge. Professional agents have their finger on the pulse of the market; they can simplify and explain what current market conditions mean for you, as well as inform you about opportunities.
If you have any questions about buying or selling a home, or you need professional assistance with your transaction, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We hope to speak with you soon!